Logos Bible Software

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Is the spoon rest worth it?


I was cleaning up my kitchen these last couple of times and I got to thinking...what is the purpose of the spoon rest on the stove? I have to wash it when I am done with it and if I am careful enough I do not have to wipe down the stove top. However, if I do not use the spoon rest I have to wipe down the stove top. Do you see where I am going? Either way I will have the same amount or more of cleaning. I am not completely decided, but I do think that I might be getting rid of my spoon rest.~Steph

3 comments:

Jewel said...

You might have too much time on your hands if you're contemplating spoon rests.. hehe.

Beautiful picture of you though. :]

Jessie said...

yeah... but, if your strove top is dirty while you're cooking then your spoon will get dirty if you're not using a spoon rest... then your food that you're stirring will also get dirty. I say keep the spoon rest :)

The Bowlin's said...

to spoon rest or not to spoon rest??? not to be complicated by spooning while resting???? omg i cannot believe i just said that. i agree that your pic is beautiful but i am now debating the spoon rest necessity along with you.... as long as you start with a clean stove (and i have never seen your stove dirty) i think you still have the same amount of work either way more stuff hanging around with the spoon rest in the picture. unless it is the most beautiful thing in your house i would chuck it!!!!!