Logos Bible Software

Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm Tired

Well today is the 14th day that I(Phil)have worked @ Dollar General as a general warehouse employee. Honestly it is hard, for many reasons, obviously because I was no longer used to a manual labor job, and they regularly require us to show up at 5am for work and then not get out until 4pm. Needless to say it is a brutal schedule and then wanting to help out the most I can with everything and Raya when I get home, but I have to get to bed by 8-9 if I want to even be able to function w/o having a whole pot of coffee in the morning, which wouldn't be conducive to the quota we are required to attain. I am tired from this schedule.

I mainly wanted to blog today about how different life is now, not necessarily with Raya at home and all because that is a given, rather the difference my personal walk with Jesus is right now. Working in an environment other than a church makes me remember even more how important my time with God is and the prayers that I am constantly saying at work. Life is different now because almost more importantly now than ever before is my personal character and life with God important because people at work are starting to realize that I don't cuss or end every sentence in F*#&, or talk about women in certain despicable ways that degrades the captivating beauty with which they were created. I find this great and while it is a lot of pressure it is also encouraging, because it not only means that God is evident in my life but there is a very specific person(s) that I am there at Dollar General.

Now I realize that if I blog and don't post a picture of Raya I will be in trouble with many people so I will give you a fun picture to look over.



No comments: