Logos Bible Software

Sunday, September 20, 2009

My "ME" time





I feel like I have something profound to say but it is not coming out. I have been doing a lot of thinking (which is a big deal for me, Steph) Anyway, tonight was my first time away from the house without Raya and Phil, so I was alone. It was nice. I forgot how much I like/need to have my "me" time. I love my mom time too, but there is something about clearing your head with just a simple grocery list and a shopping cart. I know it sounds crazy but I feel like I can tackle another week of taking care of Raya and Phil and maybe do some extra stuff, like cook or something. When I shop like that my mind races with all the things I want to do: things like make chicken salad, send out thank you cards, send out thinking of you cards, call my Grandma, do a scrap book for Raya and join a women's Bible study. So here I am, my mind still racing and my two Dear Loves in bed sleeping.

I just want to say I am really thankful that I know Raya was in good hands with her dad. Phil does a great job with her and I did not worry about her at all, in fact I hardly thought about them while I was gone, except to find certain items for them. It may sound terrible to say that but hey, like I said before I need my "me" time.

2 comments:

The Hollands said...

Ah, yes, I remember it well!! :) "Me" time is so hard to come by. I remember struggling with it in the beginning and now after 16 years of parenting, I STILL struggle with it! :) It's funny to look back and think of the creative ways I made time for myself! And did you ever think that going to the grocery would be such a treat??? The ladies bible study will be starting the book "captivating" tonight...if you're interested! I haven't been in ages but I think I'll start back tonight!

Jewel said...

Yay pictures!