Logos Bible Software

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The church and my mind

Recently I was required to meet with some of the wisest and God fearing people in my church district. In the midst of all this I filled out the forms by their request to give them an idea of where I was coming from and going in my life. To shorten the story I had some issues with them and the way they were requiring that I search out someone to mentor/disciple me, but during this time they are not involved in my life at all (lacking to do the things with me that they want me to do). I told them exactly that and even some other issues, like clarifying the stance on alcohol. The meeting was interesting and to top that my beautiful fiance was sitting right next to me feeling the tension.
The meeting went extremely well and I received some great advice and explanations to the things that I presented to them. This was by far the best of the meetings that I have gone to and hope it continues in this way. These people are respected highly by me and many others. Their advice sticks with me like I want it to.

No comments: