Logos Bible Software

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Sleep, I don't know it.

Lately life has been different. I'm not required to get up and go to class or to even worry about assignments on the weekends. That is glorious. What is keeping me awake? Is it my longing to be in the safeness of my friends, those people that I cherish most (outside of with Steph), those people that I have shared my heart with, cried with, flown for 25 hours with. Maybe it is the fact that I don't like the feelings of emptiness that I have right now and I know that if I close my eyes I will see those friends that I miss laughing and carrying on with. They my friends that I would die for, the people that will always be on my mind. I may have only spent one year with these great people but in that time we have grown closer than many of us expected or maybe wanted. Some of us don't like change and would rather that we are all still in the same area to continue on with more together, I feel that.
Some things had to change, people will grow and gain other friends, but I have never felt about any group of people the way I have this past year. To let go of this bond that we have built up would be stupid and selfish. I long to see my close friends again and "butt bomb" the ever unexpecting person. I don't want to sleep for an almost eerie feeling that the memories will fade or I may start to ignore them when it is all the more healthy for me to speak of them. To use some scripture Proverbs 18:24, we are some of those friends that will stick closer than any of our relatives. Now I must try to sleep and find some comfort in the fact that my friends are feeling the way I have after this past year, and especially this week. Live on THC.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I know I feel your pain. I was telling Jason the other day that I don't think I've ever been closer to a group of people. A truly amazing set of individuals.